User Submitted Facts:
Thanks to all of the people who have submitted facts to OutrageousFacts.com
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning
- The first owner of the Marlboro company died of lung cancer.
- All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like being seen wearing them in public.
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. It was the fashion in Renaissance Florence to shave them off.
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
- The inventor of the flushing toilet was Thomas Crapper.
- The average bed is home to over 6 billion dust mites.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- The average chocolate bar has 8 insect legs in it.
- Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
- Its impossible to smoke oneself to death with weed. You won\'t be able to retain enough motor control and consciousness to do so after such a large amount.
- Every drop of seawater contains approximately 1 billion gold atoms.
- The US national anthem actually has three verses, but everyone just knows the first one.
- The elephant is the largest animal on land. But it is much smaller than the blue whale.
- The total combined weight of the worlds ant population is heavier than the weight of the human population.
- The deadliest war in history excluding World War II was a civil war in China in the 1850s in
which the rebels were led by a man who thought he was the brother of Jesus
- Just about 3 people are born every second, and about 1.3333 people die every second. The
result is about a 2 and 2/3 net increase of people every second. Almost 10
people more live on this Earth now, than before you finished reading this.
- Happy Birthday (the song) is copyrighted.
- The number of people alive on earth right now is higher than the number of all the people
that have died. Ever.
- The average American consumes 1.2 pounds of spider eggs a year and eat 2.5 pounds of insect parts a year.
- Men can breast feed babies
- There is a rare condition called Exploding Head Syndrome which you have probably never heard of.
- Scientists have determined that fungi are more closely related to human beings and animals than to other plants.
- In some (maybe all) Asian countries, the family name is written first and the individual name written second
- Abe Lincoln bought 50 cents worth of cocaine in 1860
- Isaac Newton discovered the laws of motion more than 300 years ago?
- Washington State has the longest single beach in the United States.Long Beach, WA
- The largest living thing on the face of the Earth is a mushroom underground in Oregon, it measures three and a half miles in diameter.
- 9 out of 10 people believe Thomas Edison invented the light bulb.This isn't true; Joseph Swan did.
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has
been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.
- The Population of the world can live within the state boundaries of Texas.
- Plastic lawn flamingos outnumber real flamingos in the U.S.A.
- Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a novel with over 50,000 words, none of which containing the letter "e."
- Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a restaurant is not considered an insult! Despite the expensive food, tipping is welcome as in any other country.
- Apples are more effective at keeping people awake in the morning than
- The largest pumpkin weighed 377 pounds.